This is my absolute favorite sweatshirt. It used to be my dad’s until I took it from him! Sometimes when I’m having an off day, I like to snuggle up in something that makes me smile and this sweatshirt does the trick. There are so many things that you can do to brighten a bad day, so here are five for ya!
- Treat yo self (as Tom and Donna would say in Parks and Rec)
- If you’ve been eyeing that top for weeks and haven’t bought it yet? Buy it. Craving an iced mocha latte? Go get yourself one! Treating yourself to something—even if it’s something small—can put a smile on your face and turn your day around.
- Listen to music, read a book, or watch a movie
- Sometimes I find that an escape is what I need. Whether that’s jamming out to your favorite music, losing yourself in a book, or becoming totally engulfed in a movie, an escape is nice from time to time. Any of these are a way to focus on something other than your bad day and get your mind onto something more positive.
- Spend time with people who love you
- This is kind of obvious, but if you’re having a bad day, it’s best to surround yourself with love! Grab a drink after work with a friend, go shopping with your mom, watch tv on the couch with your sibling. Surrounding yourself with people who you love and who love you back is a surprisingly simple way to brighten even the worst day.
- Eat your favorite food
- Any foodies out there? One of the easiest ways to a girl’s heart is pizza. Eating your favorite food is a pretty decent way to brighten a bad day. If you know there’s a big bowl of macaroni and cheese waiting for you when it comes time for dinner, it gives you something to look forward to. Also, any excuse for comfort food is good with me.
- Relax, or do some exercise
- If cuddling on the couch and watching Netflix is your thing, then relax and have at it! You can relax and let your bad day fade away. Or, you might be the type of person who likes to take your bad day out on the treadmill. Exercising releases endorphins, which can make you feel happier as well!
Bonus: Surround yourself with positive people, always.