Happy Halloween! I hope everyone had a fun and safe halloweekend. This past weekend was Brett’s birthday, so we had a birthday / Halloween party to celebrate! Pictured above, we went as Regina George and Aaron Samuels from Mean Girls as their Halloween costume looks. To celebrate Halloween, today I’m sharing my top 5 favorite scary movies!
- A Nightmare on Elm Street
- I love a good classic. Also, you can’t go wrong with a scary movie that makes you afraid to dream. Imagine watching this and then having a Freddy Krueger nightmare? 9, 10 never sleep again.
- It Follows
- I like a good psychological horror film every now and then and this is just that. This one makes you think a bit and has a great twist at the end, 10/10 would recommend.
- I’m talking the original here. I watched this when I was a kid and still love it to this day. It’s creepy in all the right ways and leaves you wanting more, which is good because there are three movies in this series. And no, I’m not including the remake from 2015.
- This one centers around astral projection, or your spirit leaving your body while dreaming. I appreciate a horror movie that uses something that could happen in real life. I’ve seen this a few times and it still hasn’t lost its creepy factor for me.
- The Strangers
- Speaking of movies that use real life inspiration, some believe this film to be based on true events. Don’t tell me you wouldn’t be afraid of strangers knocking on your front door in the middle of the night. “Is Tamara home?” Chills.
What is everyone else being for Halloween this year?
p.s. Stay away from clowns, just in case.
• JAMIE •