Some people hate Christmas music, some people love Christmas music, and some people simply tolerate it. Wherever you lie on that spectrum, I have some suggestions for you. So, here are my top 5 favorite Christmas songs!
- Baby It’s Cold Outside – Zooey Deschanel & Leon Redbone
- I want to say it was hard to choose which version to put on my list and it was a little, but Zooey Deschanel. Also, you can’t really go wrong with a song from Elf. One year my dad asked me if I wanted to watch it periodically from like October to January. It was great.
- Welcome Christmas – Dr. Suess’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas
- This one had to make the list. Absolute fire jam. I love this part of the movie too, can’t stop Christmas from coming. Also can’t sing along to it to save my life, but I love listening to it nonetheless.
- Merry Frickin’ Christmas – Frickin’ A
- For those of you who are sick of listening to all of the classic, happy-go-lucky Christmas tunes. This one’s for you.
- White Christmas – Michael Bublé
- Would it even be a top 5 favorite Christmas songs list without Michael Bublé? No, no it wouldn’t. He has a beautiful voice that makes even cheesy holiday songs worth a listen. And yes, I do have a Pandora station just for his holiday music, who doesn’t?
- Sonny Boy’s Christmas Blues – Sonny Boy Williamson
- And last, but by no means least, I am a huge blues girl. A Christmas song by Sonny Boy Williamson? I’m in. I wouldn’t say this is the most cheerful song, but it’s soothing for sure. And I can almost assure you it won’t be playing at the mall, so if you’re sick of hearing the same old songs over and over, give this a listen.
What’s your favorite holiday song?