A lot of really sad stuff has been going on in the world lately. None of these things will stop bad stuff from happening, but spreading love & positive vibes can’t hurt. Here are 5 ways to boost your mood for the days when things just suck.
- Have some orange juice
- Oranges have been proven to relieve stress and anxiety. Vitamins C and B6 work to reduce stress and depression! You can eat an orange, drink some fresh squeezed OJ (champagne optional), or stand near someone who’s eating an orange so you can smell them, totally up to you.
- Hug a puppy
- Whether it’s your own dog, a friend’s dog, or you pick up some volunteer hours at your local shelter, a pup can quickly improve your mood. I work in a dog-friendly office and on a stressful day, it definitely helps to have a pup to cuddle or play fetch with!
- Grab that old photo album
- Or scroll all the way back in your phone. Looking at old photos of happy memories can take you back to those moments and make you smile. You could even tape your favorite snap on your fridge, mirror, or cubicle for a daily reminder.
- Throw on something yellow
- I’m not sure if I have ANY yellow clothes, but you could incorporate some yellow into your decorating, or paint your nails yellow. The color yellow promotes cheerfulness and increased mental activity, so it can help boost your mood a bit!
- Keep a journal
- Put a notepad and pen next to your bed, or use the notepad on your phone. Before bed every night, write down 3 things that went well for you that day. Maybe the barista made your coffee just right, or you had a nice chat on the phone with a friend. When you’re feeling down, you’ll have so many positive memories to look back on!
Need some more inspo? Here are 5 ways to brighten a bad day!
What do you like to do to boost your mood?
• JAMIE •