I don’t know about you, but I really don’t like watching the news. I know bad stuff happens, but I feel like traditional news sources really focus on the horrible stuff & leave the cool stuff out. So, a while ago my friend Mia showed me theSkimm. It’s a daily email newsletter which shares the popular news each morning in a casual, cheeky tone. I’ve never reviewed something like this before on da blog, but I’ve been liking this & wanted to share. I like my news all in one spot with a healthy portion of pop culture. Let’s talk about the Skimm.
SO you just sign up with your email & you get a Daily Skimm each morning. I don’t read it every day, but when I have a minute & it catches my eye, it’s a really easy way to get news that is informative AND fun. Real news stuff like war & politics, but also pop culture stuff, like Kylie Jenner’s baby.
- I like the way they set it up. The short blurbs and bold headlines make for an easy read. Definitely something you can SKIM through while you sip your morning coffee.
- This also makes it really easy to only read the stuff you’re interested in.
- Female millennials are their target audience, so they know what we wanna know. Ya know?
- You get a variety of news topics all in one spot, so you kinda know a little bit about a buncha stuff going on each day. Nice for people that like knowing stuff, but hate watching the news.
- They have a blog & they’re on social media. I like companies that take the time to have a cool social media presence.
- I know some people don’t like signing up for email stuff. But this is ONE email in the morning & that’s it. Also, you could just cancel it, idk, not really that bad if you ask me.
- Their tone & content could be a bit too informal for some people. It really depends how you like to get your news.
If you like your news mixed with some pop culture like me, all you need is an email. Just enter your email and get all your news sent right to ya. It’s free and it’s only 1 email in da morning, so it’s not even that annoying.
COMMENT BELOW & let me know how you like to get your news!