Sometimes I think of a dumb name for a blog post, then I can’t get it out of my head, so I just go with it. Yesterday was EARTH DAY and today I wanna share some easy things we can all do to help planet Earth. It’s April and still, this weekend began with snow. But don’t worry, mother nature must not be TOO mad at us because it’s finally warming up and we’ve had some nice sunny days. SO here are some eco-friendly tips, some stuff we can do for our environment.
EASY ECO-FRIENDLY TIPS
- REUSABLE SHOPPING BAGS
- This is one I ALWAYS mean to do, but most of the time end up accidentally leaving my reusable shopping bags in the trunk of the car. Using these helps cuts down on plastic & the amount of plastic that makes it to the ocean. Plus more food fits in them, so you have less bags to carry!
- STOP USING STRAWS
- I saw this a lot when I traveled to Key West. So many places there didn’t give you a straw unless you specifically asked for one. A lot of these one-time use plastic straws end up in the ocean & that’s not good. If you’re a huge straw person, you can carry around reusable straws so you always have one.
- REUSABLE TUPPERWARE
- On that note, reusable tupperware is better for the environment because, well, you can use it more than once. My friend also uses beeswax wraps for her sandwiches & stuff cuz then you don’t have to use a plastic baggy everyday.
- USE LESS WATER
- You know this one. Take shorter showers, don’t leave the water running while you’re brushing your teeth. It’s really just about not being wasteful cuz mother nature hates waste.
- EAT LESS MEAT
- I said less, but none is totally cool too. I saw a lot of stuff about greenhouse gas emissions and how those aren’t good for the environment. It seems the meat industry creates a lot of waste, which I’m sure surprises no one. I’ve always been curious about becoming vegetarian, so I might start with trying to eat less meat.
- THRIFTING & ANTIQUE SHOPPING
- The fast fashion industry is insane & absolutely SO wasteful. Thrifting is a great way to give a gently loved piece of clothing a new home and a great way to avoid the negative environmental impact of fast fashion. And don’t forget to donate as well!
- UNPLUG STUFF YOU’RE NOT USING
- Not using the toaster? Unplug it! When things are plugged in, but aren’t being used, they’re consuming unnecessary energy and wasting electricity. Unplugging stuff you’re not using also saves you money, so this one’s a no-brainer.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
COMMENT BELOW, tell me some earth friendly stuff you do to make captain planet proud!