IF YOU’re a blogger, you NEED to think about using these tools. Even if ya just wanna up your insta game, there’s stuff here for you! From planning & writing to taking pictures & scheduling posts, I’ve put together my top blogging essentials. Things that’ll make your blog-life that much easier & help you save time so you have more space to be creative. HERE are my top 7 essential tools for blogging.
essential blogging tools:
IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER, CUZ I HAVE TO SAY THAT.
- PHOTO EDITING SOFTWARE
- A before & after of my new profile picture for SPOOKY SZN. 👻 Nothing crazy, I’m pretty tame with my edits, BUT it can also be fun to get super creative with it! There are photo editing apps, like VSCO & Snapseed, and software, such as Lightroom & Photoshop that you can download right onto your phone or computer. SO you can edit your photos however you want for your blog or Instagram.
- A CAMERA
- Whether it’s a point & shoot, DSLR, or even your phone – you’re gonna wanna share pictures (& maybe even VIDEOS) so you’ll want some sort of CAMERA. I used my phone for like 2 years & got a camera once I started vlogging! AND on my BIG E VLOG I used my camera & my phone, cuz I didn’t want to pull my camera out on the matterhorn, lol. SO YEAH, however you choose to capture the moments, but something.
- A PLANNER
- I like to have a PLANNER (or agenda) to plan out my posts, but any sort of organized place to write down thoughts works. I also keep a notebook in my purse & there’s a million notes on my phone. THIS ban.do planner is cute & has both month & week pages, which I like. I love all the original & creative quotes & designs, plus it comes with stickers, can’t go wrong. Planners are also useful in real life for anyone who has STUFF TO PLAN.
- SCHEDULING PLATFORM
- I actually don’t use these all that often, IDK maybe I’m insane, I like to tweet the old-fashioned way. BUT these social media management platforms can be SUPER helpful if you simply don’t have time to post, tweet, etc. throughout the day. Apps/websites like Buffer & Hootsuite for Twitter Facebook, etc. and Tailwind for Pinterest & Instagram make it possible to schedule posts to upload at whatever time/day you want. DEFINITELY makes it easier to bulk plan your posts!
- GRAPHIC DESIGN SOFTWARE
- Graphic design software such as Canva & SparkPost make it easier to create your own designs. They’re online, they’re right on your phone & they’re very user-friendly. Whether you’re creating graphics, a postcard, or a thumbnail, these free blogging tools can help step your game up if you’re feeling particularly creative.
- PROOFREAD, LOL
- I MEAN everyone misses stuff, but it never hurts to read something over once (or a few times) before hitting publish. IDK & if you can’t be bothered, then grammarly exists, which is an online grammar checker. I refuse to use it, but I’ve seen people talk about it positively!
- Also known as search engine optimization & not something I talk about a lot here on da blog, BUT it can be a helpful blogging tool. Something as simple as adding image alt text, or using the right keywords can help your blog come up higher in search engine results. THAT WAY more people are more likely to see your posts!
BONUS: be yourself, be yourself, be unapologetically YOURSELF & write about stuff that you’re passionate about.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- WEEKEND VLOG: THE BIG E, FAIR FOOD & HYPNOSIS
- MY WEEKEND IN PICTURES – THE BIG E
- PETER KAVINSKY VS. NOAH FLYNN: WHO’S THE BETTER FICTIONAL BOYFRIEND?
COMMENT BELOW & tell me the most IMPORTANT blogging essential, in your humble opinion.