IT’S ARIES SEASON & I hope you’ve all been having a wonderful April so far. UGH my birthday is coming up & I don’t wanna talk about it this year. SO here are 28 things I’ve learned in 28 years.
things i’ve learned…
in no particular fucking order:
YOU CREATE YOUR OWN HAPPINESS
- I MEAN this one is kinda annoying, I get that, BUT you do have to be responsible for your own smile & all that. Just look out for yourself, ya know?
BOOK THE PLANE TICKET
- IT IS worth it to clear your mind & explore a new place. EARLIER this month I hopped on a plane to San Diego, CA to celebrate my friend’s birthday & it was so refreshing to experience a different coast with some amazing people.
- THERE are some CALI VLOGS coming soon, BUT IF you’re interested, I filmed a get ready with me with my outfit & an everyday makeup look! A fat cali burrito makes an appearance as well.
IT’S ALL ABOUT BALANCE
- Not like not being clumsy, more like everything in moderation. I MEAN, don’t be an idiot, but sometimes you have to indulge a bit or you’ll go absolutely mad. It’s all about balance.
LOYAL TO A FAULT IS A REAL THING
- IT IS a great thing to be loyal, BUT try to make sure the person you’re being loyal TO is deserving of that level of loyalty.
SOMETIMES YOU HAVE TO BE SELFISH
- This is coming from an aries lol, but sometimes you really do just have to be a little selfish. IT HAS taken me years to figure this out, but sometimes putting yourself first is the right move.
MCDONALD’S COKE IS BETTER THAN ANY OTHER SODA
- I HONESTLY don’t even really like soda? BUT McDonald’s Coke is SO GOOD, it’s not just better than other Coke, it’s better than any other soda out there & I DO NOT KNOW WHY.
STOP CARING WHAT OTHER PEOPLE THINK
- SERIOUSLY, your heart will be lighter, just stop.
HOW TO GROOM MY PUPPY
- GETTING A PUPPY has quite literally changed my life & it’s such a cool bonding experience to be able to groom him myself! I’m still learning, but I’m getting there. Puppies are actual angels.
SUSTAINABLE FASHION IS COOL
- FASHION is cool too, but specifically the sustainable fashion. IT IS just as important to look out for our environment & treat people right as it is to LOOK GOOD.
BREAKFAST IS THE BEST MEAL OF THE DAY
- AND please don’t @ me because no matter what you say, breakfast is and ALWAYS will be the best meal of the day. I don’t like mornings, but I do like breakfast.
ALIENS ARE FOR SURE REAL
- They can’t not be real, there’s just no way. They without a doubt exist. Maybe they’re not little green men, but they’re out there in this enormous universe and they are real.
MOST OF US COULD DO MORE TO MAKE THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE
- WE’RE only here for a short time & we should ALL be trying to make that time pleasant for EVERYONE, not terrible. JUST be a good person, it’s not that hard, damn.
FUCK YOUR ZODIAC
- NOT in the way you think, I am astrology obsessed, BUT actually, there’s some signs that I just DO NOT like, some signs that I just h8, I’m sorry.
HOW TO OPEN A BEER BOTTLE WITH A LIGHTER
- LOL I had to put this one on the list because a new friend just taught me this trick & I’m low-key kinda proud of myself. Life is all about the little things.
YOU CAN’T CHANGE SOMEONE
- They have to want to change for themselves, and all that. NO MATTER what you do, or what new thing you try, people have to want to change in order to make any change happen.
CRYING CAN BE THERAPEUTIC
- NO ONE necessarily wants to go around crying all the time, but a good cry every now & then can be kinda soothing.
ORDER EXTRA FRIES
- ALWAYS order the fries & never shy away from ordering more than you might need because fresh salty french fries smell SO GOOD, hands WILL be flying towards your plate to snag a few. Order extra & share your fries.
TAKE MORE PICTURES
- I GET that it can be kinda embarrassing to take pictures in public AND it can be hard to get everyone together, BUT you want to be able to hold onto those memories. SO being embarrassed for a few minutes, in my opinion, is totally worth it.
PURPLE SHAMPOO REALLY WORKS
- I HAVE a bunch of bleach in my hair & LET ME TELL YOU finding a purple shampoo that you love honestly makes ALL the difference. It keeps blondes bright & not brassy! PERSONALLY I’ve been obsessed with the DADDY-O purple shampoo from Lush & have been using it for well over a year now.
MOVING IS A LOT OF WORK
- SO IS buying a house. It’s a lot of moving parts, it’s a lot of packing, it’s a lot of UNpacking & it takes a long time. AND MOST of all, it takes up a lot of your energy, but ideally you end up with a place you love to call home.
- IF you’re interested, my moving vlog & empty house tour exist for your viewing pleasure.
MCDONALD’S IS A VERY GOOD HANGOVER CURE
- IT JUST WORKS, okay? If you had a few too many the night before, McDonald’s is the perfect go-to remedy for a mean hangover.
BE YOURSELF, UNAPOLOGETICALLY
- LIKE I’m learning to embrace my awkwardness a bit more by sharing my embarrassing stories in my new series TAM WITH JAM. You just gotta be yourself, life is more enjoyable that way.
KEEP PASSING THE OPEN WINDOWS
- THIS is from a book called The Hotel New Hampshire & it’s something my dad & I say to each other when we’re going through tough times. A reminder to keep going even when things get hard.
BEING A BOSTON SPORTS FAN IS A WILD RIDE
- SINCE I’ve spent most of my life living just outside Boston, naturally I’m a big fan of the Boston sport teams. WE HAVE some of the best, BUT they really know how to pull at the heart strings. ALWAYS a wild ride & you can never count us out.
HOW TO SEW
- MY Gramma taught me some stuff when I was younger, BUT RECENTLY she gave me her old sewing machine & I’ve been learning even more. I’ve made pillow shams & I re-sized an amazing pair of Levi’s to turn them into shorts in my thrift with me video. I’M having fun & I’M LEARNING something new, kinda cool & kinda good for sustainable fashion.
MOST THINGS ARE BETTER WITH SAUCE
- I JUST really like a nice dipping sauce, even better, a variety of dipping sauces. I think almost EVERYTHING can be enhanced by adding sauce & my mind won’t be changed.
SELF-CARE IS IMPORTANT
- IT IS absolutely SO important to take care of yourself & make sure that ABOVE ALL ELSE your brain is okay. WHILE baths and face masks are absolutely lovely, SELF-CARE runs so much deeper.
LIFE IS NOT ALWAYS EASY
- BUT that doesn’t mean it can’t get better.
other things i’ve learned…
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- CALI GET READY WITH ME | EVERYDAY MAKEUP & OUTFIT
- UNPOPULAR OPINIONS (9)
- THRIFT WITH ME, THRIFT FLIP & TRY-ON HAUL
- IF FRIENDS HAPPENED TODAY
- DRIVE WITH ME | MCDONALD’S MUKBANG
IN DA COMMENTS let me know what YOU’VE learned! Which life lessons do you have to share?