IN TRUE 90s kid fashion, I am ALL IN on the lip gloss trend. DON’T get me wrong, sticky lip gloss drives me ABSOLUTELY mad, BUT when it’s done right (& not sticky), a glossy lip is my second favorite lip-look after a swipe of plain old lip balm. THIS is my current go-to gloss, the GLOSSIER LIP GLOSS, it’s what I’ve been reaching for in my bag lately. SO IF you’ve been looking for a cruelty-free lip gloss for your 90s aesthetic fix, THEN here are my thoughts on the GLOSSIER LIP GLOSS.
GLOSSIER is completely cruelty-free & I find their makeup lends to a more natural look, which I like. I love a glossy lip & I love to support a brand that doesn’t test on animals, SO I gave this LIP GLOSS a try & spoiler: it did NOT disappoint.
THIS GLOSS is so cute & I LOVE the simple packaging. It doesn’t really have much of a smell to it, until I thought about it & then maybe, I think, a hint of vanilla. It’s not gloppy or sticky, it goes on smooth & has vitamin E, which means it’s a gloss with extra moisture & I DO appreciate the extra in life. ALSO your hair might get in it a little if it’s windy, but it doesn’t really stick to it, so that’s good. It’s wicked glossy, but DEFINITELY not a sticky one, as far as glosses go. It’s pretty long-lasting & could stay for a few hours if you weren’t eating/drinking much. It has a doe-foot applicator & I REALLY LIKE that it’s clear. I like the vibe of a naked glossy lip, especially in the warmer months.
SINCE THIS lip gloss is clear, you can wear it alone, OR on top of a lipstick. It’s not a bad idea to have a good clear lip gloss in your collection, in my humble opinion. In this picture here, I put it on top of this Josie Maran sample of embrace it honey, which is one of those trendy lip plumping lipsticks, BUT what I like about a gloss is that, even when worn alone, it makes your lips look a bit fuller naturally.
- SOMETHING I suggest is to slowly phase things out so you don’t feel wasteful. Like, if you’re in the middle of a bottle of shampoo that isn’t cruelty-free, it’s OKAY to finish the shampoo, BUT do some research before it’s gone & buy from a cruelty-free brand next time.
- SOME brands I like that DON’T test on animals:
- TooFaced – I use their primed & poreless primer!
- Physician’s Formula – UGH, their butter bronzer is amazing.
- NYX – a GREAT drugstore option, I have quite a few things from NYX!
- ColourPop – another wonderful & affordable option & their lipsticks are SO GOOD.
- Verb – I use their ghost oil & I REALLY like it. ALSO for anyone that bleaches their hair, this is a good hair oil option because it’s clear, so it won’t deposit any color. ALSO, the name is cool.
- Milani – LUMINOSO, the only drugstore blush in my eyes.
- Becca – my OTHER favorite lip gloss the BECCA LIPTUITIVE GLOW GLOSS.
- LIST of cruelty-free brands via Cruelty-Free Kitty.
- LOOKING for more cruelty-free tips & suggestions?
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- MCDONALD’S MUKBANG
- A TWO-PART TRAVEL VLOG: SAN DIEGO, CA
- 28 THINGS I’VE LEARNED IN 28 YEARS
- UNPOPULAR OPINIONS (9)
- IF FRIENDS HAPPENED TODAY
COMMENT BELOW, tell me all about your favorite cruelty-free lip gloss!