I deleted Facebook almost a year ago now. MY FACEBOOK scrolling days are over after like 12 years. Social media has become this HUGE thing that you’re almost expected to keep up with, but that doesn’t mean you have to be on EVERY platform. Some people hear that I’m not on Facebook anymore & are all, “Oh do you miss it?” AND YOU KNOW what literally not one little bit, I genuinely haven’t missed it for a single second. SO here are 5 REASONS TO DELETE FACEBOOK & I even included a few reasons not to, just to be fair. This one’s for the people who are thinking about it, who find themselves wondering: should I delete Facebook?
SHOULD I QUIT FACEBOOK?
YOUR FRIENDS WILL KEEP IN TOUCH ANOTHER WAY.
- I don’t know about you, but one of the biggest reasons I kept this lackluster social media network was to keep in touch with family & friends. SINCE deleting it, my family & friends have taken to texting me instead of leaving a comment, or liking a picture. There’s always another way to connect.
- IT’S also a good excuse to see your friends more. IF THEY have a ton of vacation photos you’re dying to see, or they want to show you their wedding album, you don’t HAVE to see the pictures on Facebook. INSTEAD go get coffee together, or head to their place with a bottle of wine.
YOU’LL HAVE MORE TIME TO DO OTHER STUFF.
- PRETTY self-explanatory. By the time I deleted Facebook I wasn’t really using it anymore, BUT some people spend hours each day scrolling through their feed leaving likes and comments. SO if you aren’t scrolling through Facebook, you’ll have more time to do other stuff.
- NOT JUST scrolling, but also updating your profile page, adding pictures, sharing your political opinions, whatever people do on Facebook nowadays. It takes up a lot of time.
- TECHNICALLY this could just give you more time for OTHER social media platforms & if that’s the case, check out my twitter or instagram.
LESS DUPLICATE CONTENT.
- SOMETIMES Facebook is just mindlessly scrolling through pictures you’ve already seen on Instagram. AND when that happens, it’s not as much fun, cuz you’ve already SEEN those pictures. You’ll see less duplicate content if you’re not on both social media platforms.
LESS COMPARING YOURSELF TO OTHERS.
- HERE is your polite reminder NOT to compare your life with the life someone else shares on social media. IT’S been said before, social media is more like a highlight reel. WHILE some people keep it real, most aren’t posting their worst moments on their Instagram feed. IF you find that you’re comparing yourself to others & it’s negatively impacting your mental health, consider deactivating your Facebook. That way you can activate it again if you miss it, but you may find you like life better off Facebook.
- ALSO, Facebook is, like, totally spying on you, lol. Using & sharing your personal data for whatever they’re up to & what-not.
& REASONS NOT TO DELETE FACEBOOK
- YOU MIGHT MISS SOME STUFF.
- YOU JUST MIGHT. Stuff like big life announcements, or pictures that are only shared on Facebook. ALTHOUGH this is where duplicate content can come in handy. Maybe you missed the endless photo album on Facebook, but you might catch the highlights on Instagram. YOU ALSO might miss some drama. Up to you whether that’s a good or bad thing.
- YOU LOSE ONE WAY TO CONNECT.
- I DID mention earlier that there’s always another way to connect, BUT you do miss out on reacting to people’s stuff on Facebook. You can’t connect on Facebook without a Facebook.
- THE FACEBOOK MARKETPLACE.
- IF you’re interested in selling things on the Facebook Marketplace, you can’t really do that without Facebook either. BUT don’t worry, there are other ways to sell stuff on the internet.
- FACEBOOK EVENTS/BIRTHDAYS
- IF YOUR friends and/or family use the events feature to plan parties and what-not, you won’t be there to invite, obviously. THEY CAN, however, invite you using a different method, like text, call, or email. AND we all know Facebook is a huge help with keeping track of Birthdays, something I’m terrible at.
THINKING ABOUT DELETING FACEBOOK?
- KEEP IN MIND that you can always deactivate your account first to see if you’d miss it. IF YOU really do NEED to scroll Facebook, then you can reactivate your account. AND IF YOU DON’T miss it, you can always delete it permanently.
- SO I MEAN, I DON’T KNOW, maybe Facebook just isn’t cool anymore. If you’ve been thinking of getting rid of it, I say do it, you might be happier without it. BUT IF you like YOUTUBE, INSTAGRAM or TWITTER, let’s be internet friends.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- UNPOPULAR SUMMER OPINIONS
- TJ MAXX CLOTHING HAUL & TRY-ON
- EATING YOUR FAST FOOD ORDERS FOR 24 HOURS
- SIMPLE TIPS FOR SUSTAINABLE FASHION
- TAM WITH JAM
COMMENT BELOW & tell me which social media is your favorite to scroll!