THRIFTING can be a beautiful thing, there are some gems out there just waiting to be found. BUT thrifting takes some patience. A TRIP to your favorite local thrift store could result in a big haul, or nothing at all. To make it a bit easier, I thought I’d share 10 THRIFTING TIPS. ALSO please leave your own thrift shopping tips in the comments!
YOU HAVE TO GO A LOT
- Like, a LOT & sometimes you won’t find anything. OTHER times you’ll find everything you were looking for & a few things you weren’t. BUT if you’re patient about looking & looking often, you’ll inevitably find some cool stuff.
DONATE WHEN YOU GO!
- YOU KNOW that bag of clothes sitting in your trunk that you keep meaning to donate? A trip to the thrift shop is the perfect time to donate clothes & stuff. I mean, you’re already there.
KNOW THE DEALS
- SOME thrift stores have different deals for each day. SO, if you know the deals, you can save some money & everyone likes a good deal.
CHECK OUT YOUR STUFF
- THIS isn’t a place you’re really gonna be doing returns, so check out what you’re buying. Are there any rips, tears? AND THEN is it something you can work with? OR is it beyond repair?
YOU MIGHT NEED TO DO SOME ALTERATIONS
- I LIKE to thrift pieces & then get out my scissors, or my sewing machine to make them fit better, or to make something more my style. I’ve done some easy alterations in my thrift with me & thrifting try-on haul videos if you need some inspiration!
LEAVE SOME STUFF BEHIND
- I KNOW it can be so tempting when you’re thrifting to grab a bunch of unique finds that you don’t really need. I TRY to be mindful about what I’m getting and if I feel that someone else might need it more than me, I leave it behind for them to find.
- THERE are so many options now for online thrifting, which makes sustainable fashion & building a sustainable closet even more attainable.
- THINKING about using thredUP? I wrote a review if you wanna know more about selling on thredUP. I’ve also bought from them & had a good experience!
- THRIFTING can bring you some pretty interesting stuff without breaking the bank. HAVE FUN with it!
THRIFTING ON A BUDGET?
- IF you’re trying to stick to a budget, it’s easier to bring cash because it makes it harder to overspend.
ONLY LOOK FOR WHAT YOU NEED
- YOU can’t buy anything you don’t need if you don’t see it in the first place. SO if you’re on a budget, skip the browsing and stick to the sections that have what you’re hoping to find.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- SIMPLE TIPS FOR SUSTAINABLE FASHION
- MY THOUGHTS ON FAST FASHION
- MAC MILLER TOP 40 PLAYLIST
- IF SEINFELD WAS FILMED TODAY
- 5 REASONS TO DELETE FACEBOOK
COMMENT BELOW & let me know your favorite thrift tip!