SELF-CARE is important & it doesn’t have to be anything extravagant or time-consuming. SOMETIMES it’s as simple as buying yourself a coffee in the morning & OTHER times self-care can be a bit more complex. I WANTED to share some self-care ideas that would be easy to fit into your daily routine, SO here’s some daily self-care.
EASY DAILY SELF-CARE
START YOUR DAY EARLIER
- I’M NOT gonna act like I’m a morning person, but I’ve been waking up earlier for a few months now & it makes the morning much less stressful. I’ve been able to get so much more accomplished in the morning, which makes the rest of the day go more smoothly.
MAKE YOUR BED
- THIS ONE is kinda silly, but on mornings when it feels hard to get out of bed I find that making my bed can change my mood just a bit. It might not be a big deal, but it does give you a small sense of accomplishment first thing in the morning. PLUS then your bed looks cute.
DO YOUR SKINCARE ROUTINE
- SELF-CARE is NOT just face masks & bubble baths, but doing something small for yourself can help improve your mood. If you’ve been slacking on your skincare routine, do a little extra on days when you’re feeling down.
WEAR YOUR FAVORITE OUTFIT
- YOU CAN get all decked out in your fanciest, or put on some comfy joggers with your favorite t-shirt. Whatever makes you feel good about your appearance, or provides you any sort of comfort. My day is always just a little bit better when I like my outfit.
- WHETHER it’s a coffee from your favorite local coffee shop, or that cozy fall sweater you’ve been eyeing, treating yourself to something (even something small) can boost your mood!
MAKE TIME FOR HOBBIES
- PART of taking care of yourself is making time for your hobbies. THE STUFF that you love doing, a creative outlet, somewhere to get your feelings out in a healthy way. MAKE some time, EVEN if it’s only 5 minutes.
- Get moving! Whether you like to jog, practice yoga, or prefer heading to the gym, exercise does wonders for your mental health. The release of endorphins helps improve your overall mood.
KEEP A JOURNAL
- This year I decided to keep a journal & write down a thought every night before I go to bed. I’ve found it’s a nice way to reflect & try to pay more attention to the things I’m grateful for rather than focusing on the negative stufF.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- TRYING PRESS-ON NAILS FOR THE FIRST TIME
- THE BEST FALL CANDLES
- 10 TIPS FOR EASY THRIFTING
- 5 REASONS TO DELETE FACEBOOK
- SIMPLE TIPS FOR SUSTAINABLE FASHION
COMMENT BELOW & let me know one way that YOU practice self-care!