JUST BECAUSE it’s getting a bit nippy out doesn’t mean your entire summer wardrobe has to be put away. FALL is all about LAYERS! Some layering can take a summer dress & transition it RIGHT into a cozy fall outfit. SO here are 5 ways to wear a summer dress in the fall.
SUMMER DRESSES IN THE FALL
LAYER OVER A SHIRT
- THIS DRESS was my mum’s when she was in her twenties! She used to wear it layered over a white t-shirt, so that’s how I’ve styled it here. You could layer a long sleeve shirt underneath for extra warmth. IF your dress is a bit shorter, try layering a turtleneck underneath! Or you could add a beanie to keep your head warm.
- ANY dress takes on a more autumnal vibe when you add tights. YOUR legs will look cute & stay warm. You could even get colored or patterned tights if you’re into that.
LAYER UNDER A SWEATER
- FALL LAYERS are the answer when the seasons are changing. HERE I’ve layered my summer dress under a cropped sweater. It gives the dress a whole new look (kinda makes it look like a skirt!) & makes it feel so much more fall. ALSO, so cozy.
ADD WARM BOOTS
- YOU’LL be warmer if your feet are warm, so switch out those summer sandals for fall boots!
ADD A LAYER OVER IT
- ALL the layers! YOU COULD go for a jean jacket, flannel, big cozy cardigan, whatever fits your personal style. Adding any sort of layer takes a summer dress & makes it wearable for spooky season.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- CHECK YOUR BOOBIES
- 5 HELPFUL MEDITATION TIPS
- TAM WITH JAM (3)
- SELF-CARE TO ADD TO YOUR DAILY ROUTINE
- THE BEST FALL CANDLES
- 10 TIPS FOR EASY THRIFTING
COMMENT BELOW & let me know how YOU wear summer dresses in the fall!
MY SOCIALS: YOUTUBE • TWITTER • INSTAGRAM
44 thoughts on “5 WAYS TO WEAR A SUMMER DRESS IN THE FALL”