SUSTAINABILITY is cool because you’re not being harmful to the environment. I TRY to be mindful about the planet & it’s not even that hard, really. PLUS, according to Captain Planet ‘saving our planet is the thing to do.’ SO HERE are 7 simple ways to be more sustainable.
EASY WAYS TO BE MORE ECO-FRIENDLY
- RECYCLING is a really easy way to help our planet. IT’S like the most basic one. I grew up watching Rocko’s Modern Life so I learned all sorts of stuff from the R-E-C-Y-C-L-E RECYCLE song.
- DONATING old clothes, furniture, etc. to a consignment shop or a charity organization is SO easy. Someone else might really appreciate your hand-me-down.
- EAT locally & buy from local shops, your community will thank you. Supporting local shops saves on travel & helps to grow small businesses as well, which is always a good thing.
- GROWING your sustainable closet is a great way to help out the planet. YOU CAN find some really unique pieces when you’re thrifting. I posted some thrifting tips if you’re just starting out, OR you can CHECK OUT my latest thrift with me for some thrifting inspo.
- ALL of those bills that come in the mail? HUGE waste of paper. Consider switching to paperless billing so you can save a few trees.
SAY NO TO SINGLE USE
- SINGLE use items, such as paper cups & throw-away containers, aren’t the best way to stay sustainable. SWITCH to a re-usable water bottle & invest in some tupperware.
ELECTRICITY & APPLIANCES
- SWITCH off lights when you aren’t in the room, or unplug appliances you aren’t using. You’ll save on bills & use less energy at the same time.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- 5 WAYS TO WEAR A SUMMER DRESS IN THE FALL
- CHECK YOUR BOOBIES
- 5 HELPFUL MEDITATION TIPS
- TAM WITH JAM (3)
- SELF-CARE TO ADD TO YOUR DAILY ROUTINE
- THE BEST FALL CANDLES
COMMENT BELOW & let me know your best tip to be more sustainable!