I HAVE neck/back pain, it’s from a car accident I was in SO many years ago. Some days are good & some days are not so good. I’M NOT the biggest fan of taking pain relievers & what-not, so I’ve figured out some natural pain remedies that work for me. I THOUGHT I would share some in case anyone is looking for natural pain relief ideas.
HOLISTIC PAIN RELIEF
- MY MUM made me a bunch of essential oils that I like to use when I’m having a bad back day. SHE MIXED oils together & they all serve different purposes (like headaches, or soreness). THERE’S also a bunch of oils like lavender, peppermint, eucalyptus, etc. that are really beneficial, especially for sore muscles.
GEL OR CREAM
- IN MY WORLD everyone has a favorite topical pain relief cream, or gel. I USED to use Biofreeze & now I use a more natural version of that from a local shop, plus I’m a huge fan of Bengay.
- I ACTUALLY tried acupuncture & went to two sessions. BOTH times I went home after & slept for hours. WHEN I told the guy it was making me that tired he said it wasn’t really normal & that maybe acupuncture wasn’t for me. BUT it might be for you, I’ve heard good things.
ICE / HEAT
- HONESTLY heat & ice are amazing when you’re in pain. I HAVE one of those aromatherapy heat & ice packs, it lays on my shoulders & it’s perfect.
STRETCHING / YOGA
- AND PILATES, really any exercise that doesn’t hurt you is good. I definitely prefer a more gentle exercise. Moving a bit can sometimes help soreness, but don’t push it, listen to your body & be careful.
- MEDITATING is a great way to feel less stressed & more balanced, which can lead to a healthier overall body & mindset. It’s a time for relaxing & reflecting, I find it really beneficial. I WROTE a post with some helpful meditation tips if you wanna know more!
- I MEAN, I’m just saying, if you’re in a lot of pain maybe physical therapy is the best answer. YOU MIGHT have to go through a couple different types of physical therapy before you find the right fit, but it can be really helpful.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- UNPOPULAR AUTUMN OPINIONS
- THE SEASON OF SERUMS
- PUMPKIN SEEDS 3 WAYS
- 5 DOG-FRIENDLY FALL ACTIVITIES
- BURGER KING IMPOSSIBLE WHOPPER MUKBANG
- 7 SIMPLE WAYS TO BE MORE SUSTAINABLE
- 5 WAYS TO WEAR A SUMMER DRESS IN THE FALL
- 5 HELPFUL MEDITATION TIPS
- 10 TIPS FOR EASY THRIFTING
COMMENT BELOW & let me know your go-to for natural pain relief!