ARTHUR SAID, “Having fun isn’t hard when you’ve got a library card.” HE WASN’T WRONG. Call me a nerd, but I’ve always been a big reader. The library is a great resource if you wanna read as much as possible, but make it more affordable. For blogtober day whatever, I figured I would share some books I’ve read recently. ALSO in the comments, let me know what to read next!
FALL READING LIST
THE DEAD ZONE – STEPHEN KING
- THIS WAS really good, 5/5 on Goodreads. I was hooked right away! This was gripping & unique, he’s just a wonderful writer & that shows. He can be a bit wordy, especially in his endings, but this one wasn’t TOO bad.
THE WORLD ACCORDING TO GARP – JOHN IRVING
- I REALLY like John Irving. Hotel New Hampshire? A Prayer for Owen Meany? Gold. Naturally, I enjoyed this book as well. Maybe not my very favorite by him, but I was intrigued by the story & eager to see what happened to the characters. A bit dark (per usual), with some real & funny moments sprinkled in.
THE HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE – SHIRLEY JACKSON
- I WANTED to read this because I watched the Netflix series & really enjoyed it. I liked both for different reasons, but the way the house was described in the book was pretty cool. A quick read & very appropriate for spooky season.
THE SUBTLE ART OF NOT GIVING A F*CK – MARK MANSON
- THIS WAS an amazing read. Sometimes you need a reminder & this was a good one. I thoroughly enjoyed reading this, would definitely recommend if you’re into the whole self-improvement thing.
DRIVE YOUR PLOW OVER THE BONES OF THE DEAD – OLGA TOKARCZUK
- OKAY SO I actually haven’t finished this one yet, BUT I just started it & it’s kinda good so far. I’m interested to see where the story goes.
IN CASE YOU MISSED IT:
- FALL CROCK-POT RECIPES
- REVIEW | MILANI LUMINOSO
- 7 NATURAL PAIN REMEDIES
- UNPOPULAR AUTUMN OPINIONS
- THE SEASON OF SERUMS
- PUMPKIN SEEDS 3 WAYS
- 5 DOG-FRIENDLY FALL ACTIVITIES
- 5 WAYS TO WEAR A SUMMER DRESS IN THE FALL
- 5 HELPFUL MEDITATION TIPS
- TAM WITH JAM (3)
- 10 TIPS FOR EASY THRIFTING
COMMENT BELOW & give me your book suggestions! What should I read next?